Purpose of Growth Groups
Living out what it means to love others through personal discipleship. Growth groups are dedicated for followers of Jesus who want to develop spiritually and be held accountable to others. While Non-believers are invited and encouraged to attend, the purpose of growth groups is for believers to grow closer together, and create a family united by Christ of one heart and mind. Pursuing to know and understand the mind and will of the Lord through the reading and studying of His Word. The primary function is to create strong disciples of Christ ready to work and serve God.
When & Where?
Contact CLBC for times and locations.
- I will make my growth group meetings a priority, and if I’m unable to attend or running late, I will call ahead.
- I will come to my growth group meeting prepared and ready to participate.
- I will commit to my growth group to focus on application of God’s Word to my life.
- I will maintain confidentiality of the personal information that is shared within my growth group. I understand my growth group leader may communicate appropriate information to those in leadership as necessary, and I trust their discernment in this.
- I will be accountable to my growth group concerning my personal and spiritual goals.
- I will encourage other members to cultivate a daily quiet time with God.
- I will pursue opportunities to share what God has done in my life with those that do not
- know Jesus Christ.
- I will pray and support the leadership of this church to continue to seek God’s direction for our growth group ministry.
Our evening growth groups are available most of the year. We take occasional breaks between studies. The women’s group meets during the day and follow a different study. Call for current schedule.